Sunday, February 12, 2023

A PROUD CHICKEN HAT WEARER... DIGITAL WHISPER's UNUSUAL HAT CHALLENGE...

 

Last night I dreamed of chickens, 
there were chickens everywhere, 
they were standing on my stomach, 
they were nesting in my hair, 
they were pecking at my pillow, 
they were hopping on my head, 
they were ruffling up their feathers 
as they raced about my bed. 
 They were on the chairs and tables, 
they were on the chandeliers, 
they were roosting in the corners, 
they were clucking in my ears, 
there were chickens, chickens, chickens 
for as far as I could see... 
when I woke today, 
I noticed there were eggs on top of me.
~
Jack Prelutsky

3 comments:

Barb said...

Deanne, I LOVE it! I have four chickens, and love everything chicken. I should have thought of this theme!! Mine are black, though. And honestly, mine DO peer into my glass door to where my desk is and look just like that cartoon peeker. lol It's like they are saying, "What are you doing, now? Can you come outside?" Such characters.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Chickens rule, I see - nothing like a proud chicken hat wearer in my books, although seeing the heading before scrolling down for the painting, I expected and chicken wearing (perhaps a people hat?) a hat. We are both nuts, I think. :D

Digital Whisper said...

This cracks me up! Your imagination is always a mystery!
Thanks for playing