Saturday, November 26, 2022

THANK HEAVEN FOR INDOOR PLUMBING... SPA's WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR?...


 Above and beyond all the things 
we are usually thankful for. 
Things like family and friends and freedom etc.
 Are the things that just make life better, 
conveniences our grandmothers didn't have.
One thing that tops my list is indoor plumbing.
We don't think about that much anymore,
but there is nothing like a brisk walk 
on a frigid night to the outhouse, 
to help you appreciate your blessings.
~
DSW 22

4 comments:

Katrin said...

Deann - We should really be grateful for our modern comforts. My first flat still had an outside toilet .... uuuhhh, no I really don't want to go back there.
And everything else in your poem / quote I can only affirm wholeheartedly.
Happy first advent to you and
stay healthy!
Katrin

peggy gatto said...

Love this!!

Digital Whisper said...

OMG how funny.
Believe it or not I have used an outhouse. Eewww not fun!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Oh I'm grinning from ear to ear, Deann, having known a few of those outdoor plumbing places in my early lifetime. We should certainly be grateful for what we have in this century, even if we spend so much of our lives cleaning them. 😉.