Saturday, March 21, 2020

"SMOKIN"... SPA's CIGAR LABELS CHALLENGE...


Open the old cigar-box, get me a Cuba stout, 
For things are running crossways, and Maggie and I are out. 
 We quarreled about Havanas 
 we fought o'er a good cheroot, 
And I knew she is exacting, and she says I am a brute. 
 Open the old cigar-box 
 let me consider a space; 
In the soft blue veil of the vapor musing on Maggie's face. 
 Maggie is pretty to look at 
 Maggie's a loving lass, 
But the prettiest cheeks must wrinkle, 
the truest of loves must pass. 
 There's peace in a Larranaga, 
there's calm in a Henry Clay; 
But the best cigar in an hour is finished and thrown away 
 Thrown away for another as perfect and ripe and brown 
 But I could not throw away Maggie 
for fear o' the talk o' the town!
~
Rudyard Kipling

8 comments:

lm44west said...

This is wonderful, so whimsical and colorful. I am cracking up.

pchickki said...

OMG I love this. That look on her face says attitude. Love it!

Michele said...

oh she is something else! love this one. xo

Katrin said...

Deanne - this let me BIG smile ... And the lyrics are perfect for this. :-)
Stay healthy & greetings Katrin

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wonderful collage Deann.

Cindy McMath said...

This gave me a good laugh - so important these days! Love it.

Mandy Chilvers said...

fantastic! lol thats exactly the face my partner makes when he's smoking a cigar lol

indybev said...


Now there's a woman with attitude! My mother's name was Madaleen, but my father called her Maggie. Dad would have liked this Kipling poem!